What is Branch Out?
It's a reading competition that we run every year just for UCC students. The aim is to encourage you to branch out in your reading, whether it be by trying out new authors or styles, or perhaps picking up a book for the very first time.
How does it work?
1. Sign up in the LRC or online here.
2. Choose a book. You can find a list of books here.
3. Write or film what you thought of the book. You'll need to return it to the LRC or online here. You can also enter for the art prize (see below). You can use this Guide for some ideas - we want your opinion not a summary!
4. You now have one entry into the Grand Prizes draw and will receive a sticker on your account.
5. For an extra sticker you could do an art entry.
What is the Art prize?
You can enter this by creating a picture from the book. You could choose to create an alternative cover, a scene from the story or do anything else you can think of, as long as it relates to the book. As well as this, we will still require you to submit a review however. The bonus is that you get two entries into the prize draw though!
Are there any prizes?
Yes! We have a range of exciting prizes to be won this year with the Grand Prize being a Kindle Fire HD! Other prizes include meeting our celebrity for Prize Day, Carlisle FC and a Cadbury's gift box.
How long do I have to read a book?
You will have three weeks to read your book, if this isn't enough time come up to the LRC where someone can renew your book, however if your not reading the book please bring it back to the LRC.
When does it finish?
Branch Out finishes after Easter, so get your reviews and art pieces in by then!